You know exactly what you want. Or you know exactly what you don’t want. Or you don’t even know what’s possible. One size DOES NOT fit all, so I will help you plan a tribute that reflects your own values and beliefs in honouring the life that was lived. The tribute we create can occur anytime or anywhere. The point is to give your loved one a worthy send-off and to help you heal in a life that has changed.
You can expect:
- We’ll have a family meeting. You choose where we meet and who attends. I’ll listen to your stories and ask for your memories. We’ll discuss readings, music, rituals/symbols, who else will speak, etc. This is essential in creating a tribute that reflects the uniqueness of your loved one.
- You and your family can participate fully or simply receive what you have helped me prepare for you. The size of my role depends on your family’s desire to participate; at a minimum I will be the master of ceremonies to ensure the entire program runs smoothly.
- I will coordinate the service with the funeral director (if any) and will be there early to assist you.
- I will officiate the event from start to finish, and will lead you in and out if you so choose.
- I can provide graveside or ash scattering services in addition to, or in place of, more traditional looking celebrations.
- I also welcome the opportunity to work with people before they die to start collecting stories that will be used in their end of life tribute.
My fee takes into consideration the time required to prepare your personalized service (normally at least 10 hours) as well as travel, location, and other factors we identify together. Most families pay me directly, but on request a funeral home may add my fee to your bill.
It would be a privilege to help your family.